Beginning in 1910, Keansburg was served by St. Mary's New Monmouth. Rev. John E. Murray, pastor of St. Mary's celebrated Mass at McDonald's Hotel. Fr. Murray purchased land in 1916 for a mission church in which the first Mass was offered on May 6, 1917. The Most Rev. Thomas J. Walsh established St. Ann's as an independent parish on January 8, 1924, and appointed Rev. John A. Carrollfirst resident pastor. Rev. Thomas A Kearny constructed St. Ann's School. The Sisters of Mercy from North Plainfield have staffed the school since its inception in Septemeber 1931. A mission church was founded in 1935 in East Keansburg by Rev.John J. Lucitt, St. Ann's fourth pastor. In 1943, Holy Family, Union Beach, was founded from territory formerly belonging to St. Ann's.St. Catherine, East Keansburg, became an independent parish in 1948. Rev. Edward A. Corriganconstructed a new playground and an addition to the school in 1961. St. Ann's Bayshore Senior Day Care opened in July 1975 under Frederick Valentino's pastorate. In July 1980, Rev. Edward D. Strano opened Project P.A.U.L. (Poor, Alienated, Unemployed, Lonely) for the needy. St. Ann's Childcare Center was established in August 1982.